What is the Futsal Academy (FA)
It is about offering kids that are looking for more and to reach the top levels of the game a place to train with like minded players in the game of futsal. Similar to state ODP programs but without the constant travel and with more development. Futsal is the way the rest of the world plays indoor soccer and the key to Brazil’s success in soccer. It forces players to play at a high speed in an environment that develops and demands good technique and quick decisions. All of this is essential to helping them on the soccer field. The FA is a game changer for Memphis soccer!
The FA works like a competitive soccer club. There will be annual tryouts (signups for returning players) and our teams will train and compete from Sept to July (train Sept to April and COVID may affect dates). There will be +/- 20 training sessions over the year scheduled as 2x a month on a Friday night or Sunday afternoon as not to conflict with the team members soccer schedule, except the months that club soccer is off Dec/Jan where there will be 4-6 training sessions those months. Teams will train to compete in 1-2 tournaments for the year. In addition to the training and tournaments, teams will compete free of additional charge in both the Winter Futsal and 5v5 Summer leagues so they will get a guarantee of 12 league games as well.
As with all our events/endeavors, this is soccer club neutral and is here to benefit soccer… not compete with it. The FA will be an amazing addition to soccer training and we truly believe with high level players, coaching, and competition we can offer player development and joy that has not been seen before. Yes we said joy, at the end of the day futsal and soccer are a game and we want people to absolutely love coming to play and develop a life long passion for this game. This doesn’t mean we aren’t here to be the best at futsal and create potential college/professional athletes…we are but, we want to do it by enjoying the journey and having a passion for what we do! One more thing, we are excited to announce that the FA training will take place at Lausanne Collegiate school Norfleet gym due to a partnership with OLÉ FC allowing us to use this fantastic facility! Below are full details to what the FA will be offering and how we can help players that are very serious about a future in soccer or futsal…
The FA Details
- +/- 20 training sessions a year (2 a month Oct, Nov, March, April with 3-5 a month in Dec, Jan & Feb)
- First Scheduled sessions: 10/17, 10/31, 11/7, 11/21, 12/5
- 12 League Games (6 Winter Futsal, 6 5v5 Summer League free with participation)
- 1 tournament a year (US Youth Futsal regionals or alternative)
- Nike Center Circle FA uniforms (usually around $100)
- Academy Director and Head Coach – Evan Hacker (USYF Level 3 Instructor +11 yrs of futsal experience)
- Academy Manager – Conni Stock
- Coaching staff – will be made up of Evan Hacker and qualified staff coaches
- Cost $450 for field players and $350 for goal keepers – (covers training, equipment and facilities)
Tryouts for new players and first training sessions for returning players will be held at Lausanne Collegiate School Norfleet Gym – Sunday October 17 3:30pm to 4:45 2010 and under, 4:45-6pm for 2009 and up – apply below